- About WHITE MARKET
- Royal Pleasures, Darmstadt
- Cabbage Heads, Brighton UK
- Still Life with Cabbage, Brighton UK
- Auction of the Trophies, Darmstadt
- Trophäen/Trophies, Darmstadt Germany
- [not] performing artist, Venice Italy
- Liquidation at the Klohäuschen, Munich Germany
- Market Stall, International Fruit Market, Munich
- The Tower of Babylon, Munich Germany
- grenzArt Part 02, Kirschau Germany
- WM Workshop, Berlin Germany
- Guests at Café 'Loretta', Munich Germany
- On tour at the Gasteig, Munich Germany
- Something Useful, Underground Station 'University', Munich Germany
- Between Activism and Reflection, Munich Germany
- WM business development
grenzArt Part 02, Kirschau Germany
WHITE MARKET Market Stall
grenzArt Part 2
courtyard of Werk IV
WHITE MARKET was represented by:
Claudia Kappenberg, Performance artist
Dorothea Seror, Performance artist
Tom Gonsior, Production, Documentation
Sabine Kuhn, Assistant
WHITE MARKET offered:
Interviews with Performance artists
Information about artists present at the festival
Forum of debate with artists and audiences Sat 19:00, Mon 19:00
Presentation of WHITE MARKET business plan Sun 19:00
Individual performances of WHITE MARKET artists:
Claudia Kappenberg, Sun 16:00 Bread Tools and Mittens, First Floor left
Dorothea Seror, Mon 17:00 Non Grata, parking lot of Werk IV
WHITE MARKET is a platform for performance artists, by performance artists.
WHITE MARKET is a Research Label, through which we investigate performance art and the business of performance.
WHITE MARKET references the performance association BLACK MARKET, who have performed together since the mid eighties. Some of the artists are present at GrenzArt. With the name WHITE MARKET we would like to propose a different positionality and to challenge the current relation between performance art and the established art market.
The ‘white’ in WHITE MARKET refers to values, which the art market has established for and by itself. In its lack of transparency and wilfulness the established art market barely distinguishes itself from a black market. It also determines the ‘value’ of the artist’s body as the central object of performance art.
WHITE MARKET is concerned with the market value of the artists’ body, with performance art as merchandise, with the individual body as material and the individual gesture as form.
Photos: Tom Gonsior