- About WHITE MARKET
- Royal Pleasures, Darmstadt
- Cabbage Heads, Brighton UK
- Still Life with Cabbage, Brighton UK
- Auction of the Trophies, Darmstadt
- Trophäen/Trophies, Darmstadt Germany
- [not] performing artist, Venice Italy
- Liquidation at the Klohäuschen, Munich Germany
- Market Stall, International Fruit Market, Munich
- The Tower of Babylon, Munich Germany
- grenzArt Part 02, Kirschau Germany
- WM Workshop, Berlin Germany
- Guests at Café 'Loretta', Munich Germany
- On tour at the Gasteig, Munich Germany
- Something Useful, Underground Station 'University', Munich Germany
- Between Activism and Reflection, Munich Germany
- WM business development
Market Stall, International Fruit Market, Munich
Thalkirchner Str. 81
International Fruit Market, Westtor, Munich
25th July, 8pm: Opening of the market stall by Dorothea Seror and Claudia Kappenberg
26th.-29th July: WHITE MARKET Market stall with the artists
29th July, 8pm: WHITE MARKET Liquidation
WHITE MARKET moves into the KloHäuschen Munich, former public toilets situated in between Munich’s International Fruit Market, local market stalls and Turkish and Italian cafés and restaurants.
Inspired by the coming and going of the neighbouring Market Halls the White Market artists also open a market stall to restage and replay the rituals of the location. The choreographic intervention foregrounds the procedures and formalities of trade and creates an opportunity for reflection.
In this performative intervention the artists mix and match different aspects of the market economy that is the market as location for material exchange, the market as urban ritual and Art itself as merchandise.
At the WHITE MARKET stall the performers deploy found and rejected products and turn them into a new collection of art objects. These objects are offered for sale, whereby visitors may either witness the interventions or engage in trading themselves.
Some objects remain as exhibits in The Klohäuschen and lead to further interventions.
The event is part of an initiative for the regeneration of the public toilets and the market halls by the Realitätsbüros in collaboration with the Experimental-Raum Galerie von Roit (Hoya|München) and the Galerie la (Berlin).
Supported by: Grossmarkthalle Munich and Kulturreferat Munich
The Work was subsequently performed at VOGELFREI 9, Darmstadt Germany, July and August 2011. For further information on this event see: "Trophäen/Trophies", Vogelfrei 9, Darmstadt, Germany
Photos: Tom Gonsior and Claudia Kappenberg